It is a shallow bath filled with warm water in which a person has to sit up to the hips. Along with cleansing, it also relieves the discomfort and pain in the perineum (a space between the rectum and the scrotum or the vulva).
Benefits of a Sitz Bath
1. Stimulates blood flow to the anogenital area.
2. Aids in cleaning the affected area.
3. Provides relief from pain and itching.
4. Fits all standard toilet seats.
Make of a Sitz Bath
1. It is a plastic kit and fits a standard toilet seat.
2. It consists of a plastic bag which is attached to a long tube and further leads to a shallow plastic basin.
3. Warm water should be filled in the plastic bag and should is further used to fill the basin.
Uses of a Sitz Bath
2. Anal fissures
3. Infection of bladder, prostate or vagina
4. Pilonidal Cysts
5. Rectal surgery
6. An episiotomy
7. Uterine cramps
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long should one sit in a Sitz bath?
One should use a Sitz bath for around 10 to 15 mins three times a day. The time can be varied as per the medical condition.
2. What should be the water temperature that is used in the Sitz bath?
For warm water Sitz baths, the temperature of the water should be 94 to 98 degree Fahrenheit.
For hot water Sitz baths, the temperature should be 105 to 110 degree Fahrenheit.
3. Does Sitz bath promote healing?
Yes, they do help in healing. Sitz baths are used by people to cleanse their genital areas and for treating hemorrhoids. With cleansing properties, it promotes blood flow which in turn aids in faster healing.
Where to buy it?
Sitz baths are available in Hyderabad at:
TrueCare Surgicals (Store 1)
Address: H.No 1-100, G2, Hitech City main road, Opposite Indian Oil Petrol Pump, Madhapur, Hyderabad, Telangana 500081.
TrueCare Surgicals (Store 2)
Address: Nizampet X road, Near Sri Holistic Hospital, Behind Vasireddy Swagruha Foods, Kukatpally, Hyderabad, Telangana 500072