Quadripod walking sticks are a type of walking aids that are designed for giving stability to physically challenged, very weak and old individuals. Most of the walking sticks have lock pin height features that help to adjust the stick to a comfortable height. Walking sticks help in reducing pain while walking and make walking easier and comfortable. Most of the walking sticks are foldable and hence, can be folded when not in need.
Benefits of a Quadripod Walking Stick
2. Broad base with four legs.
3. Provides good stability.
4. Anti-slip property.
5. Good handle grip.
6. Strong and durable.
Uses of a Quadripod Walking Stick
1. Physically challenged people.
3. Fractures to the lower limbs.
Make of a Quadripod Walking Stick
1. It is fabricated from high strength mild steel aluminium alloy tubes. These are strong, durable and have a good weight bearing capacity.
2. The broad quadra base gives greater stability, enhanced confidence, and higher load bearing.
3. The handle of the walking stick is designed for both left-handed and right-handed users which provides extreme comfort and ensures a strong grip.
4. The handle top is latex free and consists of a soft gel which gives a cushiony feel, better grip, and comfort.
5. These walking sticks have a low metal base.
6. It has a weight bearing capacity of 110 kg approximately.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a walking stick used for?
Walking sticks are also known as trekking poles or hiking sticks. These walking sticks are used for a variety of reasons such as hiking, trekking, climbing mountains, as support when going uphill or as a brake while going downhill, walking, as support while walking or standing.
2. What is the approximate length of a walking stick?
For measuring the height of any walking stick, the base of the stick should be placed approximately 15cm from the outside of the foot and the handle height should be set at the wrist crease height.
3. How long should one use a cane after knee replacement?
Usually, it is recommended that one should use a walker for 1 to 3 weeks and then use crutches. After using crutches if the patient feels that he/she is ready then they can use a cane. Physical rehabilitation for months is needed after a knee replacement.
4. Does walking stick help in arthritis?
Yes, the walking stick can be used by patients suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. Patients suffering from rheumatoid arthritis may have difficulty in walking due to pain in their joints hence walking sticks reduce some load on the legs and are ideal for such patients.
Where to buy it?
Quadripod Walking sticks are available in Hyderabad at:
TrueCare Surgicals (Store 1)
Address: H.No 1-100, G2, Hitech City main road, Opposite Indian Oil Petrol Pump, Madhapur, Hyderabad, Telangana 500081.
TrueCare Surgicals (Store 2)
Address: Nizampet X road, Near Sri Holistic Hospital, Behind Vasireddy Swagruha Foods, Kukatpally, Hyderabad, Telangana 500072