What is a theraband?
Therabands are also known as resistance bands. They are made of latex and are used for physical therapy and light strength training exercises.
Who is it for?
- Therabands are mostly used by athletes but also by the common people who are looking for a low-impact strength training workout to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- It is usually used under the direction of a physical therapist or as a method of strength training at home.
- It is also used by therapists in their clinics for physiotherapy treatments.
What are its benefits?
- It can be used to exercise any muscle in the body.
- It is lightweight and compact, thereby making it easier to carry while travelling. It can be carried in a purse, briefcase, laptop bag, luggage, pocket, etc.
- It comes in different levels of resistances which when used in a variety of postures and motions, can be modified to suit one’s specific needs.
- There’s no special requirement of space to use them. They can be used at home, office or hotel room.
- It is one of the safest methods to increase bone strength. It also helps prevent osteoporosis.
- They are also very cost-effective, thus allowing the general public to afford them too.
Types of Therabands
- They come in two types- either in the form of a flat band or in the form of tubes.
- They also vary in their tensions which can be identified by the colour specified to that particular band.
- The colour specifications are as given below-
|Theraband- Band/Tubing Colour||
Resistance in Kilograms at-
|100% Elongation||200% Elongation|
Where to buy it?
Therabands are available in Hyderabad at:
- TrueCare Surgicals (Store 1)
- Address: H.No 1-100, G2, Hitech City Main Road, Opposite Indian Oil Petrol Pump, Madhapur, Hyderabad, Telangana- 500081
- TrueCare Surgicals (Store 2)
- Address: Nizampet X Road, Near Sri Sri Holistic Hospital, Behind Vasireddy Swagruha Foods, Kukatpally, Hyderabad, Telangana- 500072
There are no reviews yet.