Tripod walking stick is a medical walking aid that helps a person to walk effortlessly. As per its name this walking stick has three legs at its base for more support and stability and hence the name tripod. The tripod walking stick is more preferred over the single walking stick due to its stability.
The tripod walking stick has a weight bearing capacity of 110 kgs.
3. Suitable for both left and the right-handed users.
4. Can be used outdoors and indoors.
5. Improves balance and stability
6. Maintains steady posture and strengths upper back muscles.
1. The tripod walking stick consists of a fixed main pole made of aluminium alloy steel pipe which does not shake.
2. The base of the walking stick is made of moulded PVC and offers a high level of stability.
3. Handles of the walking stick are available in different shapes such as T-shaped, U- shaped, L-shaped etc. Handles ensure a strong and comfortable grip for the users. Some handles have soft gel covering that gives a cushiony effect and some are made out of rigid material which has grooves pattern and works well when used extensively.
4. The height of the rod or the pole can be adjusted with the help of spring-loaded pins.
5. The ferrules or the grips at the base are made of non-slip rubber. The rubber provides excellent grip on the floors and reduces shock. These can be replaced by just pulling them out.
1. Used by physically challenged people
2. Elderly people
3. People or patients who have trouble walking or standing or who have recovered from surgery of leg or hips.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. At what height should the walking stick be adjusted while walking?
The base of the walking stick should be approximately 15cm outside the foot and the handle height should be set at the wrist crease height.
Where to buy it?
Tripod walking stick is available in Hyderabad at:
TrueCare Surgicals (Store 1)
Address: H.No 1-100, G2, Hitech City main road, Opposite Indian Oil Petrol Pump, Madhapur, Hyderabad, Telangana 500081.
TrueCare Surgicals (Store 2)
Address: Nizampet X road, Near Sri Holistic Hospital, Behind Vasireddy Swagruha Foods, Kukatpally, Hyderabad, Telangana 500072