Cast cover hand acts as a shield to our cast that protects from moisture. It is actually a bandage/wound/cast protector which is designed to protect the hand cast during showers or rain. It is reusable. Unique self-supporting waterproof seal recommended by doctors.
Benefits of Cast Cover Hand:
- Abrasion-resistant vinyl
- The seal can be fully submersible
- It is comfortable to wear
- Compact, lightweight and portable.
- Super comfortable
- 100% water-tight
Features of Cast Cover Hand:
- The Rubber Diaphragm that is present on the one end is expandable that can accommodate to any size which creates a water seal around the hand cast.
- The Simple and easy pull-on process of application to the cast hand is user-friendly.
- No extra tapes or straps required to secure the cast cover hand.
- The Rigid ring on the open end holds the diaphragm and offers a self-sealing mechanism to the hand cast.
- It is very easy to maintain and to wear or remove.
- It has an absolutely transparent and flexible body which is soft, flexible, non-porous, light in weight and durable with pleasing aesthetics.
- It comfortably nurses the hand cast.
Make of a Cast Cover Hand:
It is made up of a biodegradable plastic which is latex free.
How to Use a Cast Cover Hand:
To put on:
- Someone should help you to do the process as it is tough to handle.
- Should remove any sharp jewellery like bangles etc and smooth down all the rough edges on your cast in order to protect cast cover hand from damage.
- With the use of a thumb, stretch out the diaphragm to make a room to insert your leg cast into it.
- Now insert your cast into the cast cover hand.
- After completion, push the plastic ring toward the cast so the inner edge of the diaphragm points up that is away from the hand cast.
To take off:
- Stretch out and open the rubber diaphragm by using a thumb to ease over your cast.
- Remove your hand cast out of the cast cover.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How long does the Cast cover hand last?
It is reusable. One can use it as many times they can until it is damaged.
2. What happens if a hand cast gets wet inside?
If you get a hand cast wet, irritation and infection of the skin could develop which may lead to other complications.
3. How do I stop my hand cast from smelling bad?
Try using Cast cover hand during showers or rainy days.
4. What is a waterproof cast?
Waterproof cast liners that is Cast covers allow you to bathe, shower and even swim while wearing a cast. The liner has billions of tiny pores that stop the passage of water through it but allows water vapour to pass out.
5. What are the different types of casts?
Different types of Casts are:
- Plaster cast
- Synthetic cast
- Cast brace
6. What is the difference between a cast and a splint?
The splint does not wrap all around the injured area. It is held in place by an elastic bandage or by the use of other material. Unlike casts, splints are easily removed or adjusted.
Where to buy it?
Cast cover hand are available in Hyderabad at:
TrueCare Surgicals (Store 1)
Address: H.No 1-100, G2, Hitech City main road, Opposite Indian Oil Petrol Pump, Madhapur, Hyderabad, Telangana 500081.
Phone: 070951 25777
TrueCare Surgicals (Store 2)
Address: Nizampet X road, Near Sri Holistic Hospital, Behind Vasireddy Swagruha Foods, Kukatpally, Hyderabad, Telangana 500072
Phone: 040 4007 2221