Finger cot splint is a surgical device which is used for application to the finger or fingers which are wounded or fractured. It arrests the injured finger and helps it stay in a fixed position.
1. The finger cot splint is recommended for use in collateral ligament injury of the distal interphalangeal joint.
2. for nail bed injuries of the fingers.
3. In fractures of the distal interphalanges.
4. In ligament tear.
5. For any burns care.
6. In any kind of fingertip injuries.
What is the Finger cot made up of?
It is a U-shaped structure that looks like a clip and is easy to use. It is plastic coated with malleable aluminium which helps in keeping the injured finger joint in a steady place. The ethafoam acts like a cushion for the utmost comfort and support.
Direction for Use
1. The injured finger should be placed between the device.
2. A bandage should be tied around the device if required for extra tightness.
3. The bandage should not be too tight.
1. The product should be washed with hand only in cold water with some mild soap.
2. It should be air dried in shade.
3. Machine wash is not advisable.
Properties of the Finger Cot
1. The finger cots are highly durable.
3. The hook and loop closure makes it easier for application and removal.
4. Lightweight and hence is easily portable.
5. Skin friendly.
Uses of the Finger Cot
1. It is used as a protection device for nail bed injuries of the finger.
2. In Post-operative care after any surgery.
3. In the prevention of rheumatoid arthritis.
Benefits of using a finger cot
1. It helps in immobilizing and supporting the injured phalanges.
2. As it is resilient it can bend and accommodate the finger and also edema if any.
3. Keeps the injured finger in exact position.
4. It also helps in straightening the fractured joint at its position.
5. Available in all sizes hence, can fit all universally.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long should one wear the finger cot splint?
The finger cot splint is generally recommended for the treatment of Mallet’s finger. It depends on the severity of the injury the finger cot should be worn. They can be removed and worn after different intervals of time.
Where can you buy it?
Finger Cots are available in Hyderabad at:
TrueCare Surgicals (Store 1)
Address: H.No 1-100, G2, Hitech City main road, Opposite Indian Oil Petrol Pump, Madhapur, Hyderabad, Telangana 500081.
TrueCare Surgicals (Store 2)
Address: Nizampet X road, Near Sri Holistic Hospital, Behind Vasireddy Swagruha Foods, Kukatpally, Hyderabad, Telangana 500072