Heel Cup is a device that has to be worn under the foot to relieve stress on the tendon in the heel by slightly raising it. These are available for men and women and can be worn for any shoe. The heel cup is also called as an insole.
By wearing this, it helps in reducing the heel pain and hence is considered the first line of treatment for plantar fasciitis. It helps in providing cushioning and shock absorption for the whole day.
Heel Cups are recommended in the following conditions:
1. Plantar fasciitis
2. Heel spurs
3. Achilles tendonitis
4. Sever’s disease (calcaneal apophysitis)
1. Helps in relieving heel pain and keeps one energized.
2. Reduces foot fatigue.
3. Acts as a cushion for the whole affected heel area.
4. Keeps the heel aligned while walking.
5. Useful for kids with Sever’s disease.
6. These also provide stability to the heel.
8. Fit for any shoe size.
The heel cups are made up of different materials. The heel pads are generally made up of polyvinyl chloride, silicone, leather, and polyethene foam like a thermoplastic.
How to wear the heel cup?
1. Insoles of the current shoes should be removed.
2. Place the heel cups in the shoes to check for the size.
3. If the size does not fit then, the outline of the heel cup should be trimmed.
4. If it fits then, the heel cup should be placed in the shoe with the padded side down.
5. They can also be worn over the socks or directly placed inside the footwear.
1. The heel cups are used for the people who are suffering from any heel injuries or deformities.
2. They are also used to offer support to the heels and comfort them.
3. Used by athletes and other sports persons.
4. They are also used by people for a general walking purpose.
5. Can also be used for cracked heels.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Sever’s disease?
It is the inflammation of the growth plate in the heel of growing children. In this condition, there is a pain in the heel and is caused due to repetitive stress on the heel and hence is thus commonly seen in children those are active. This condition is also known as Calcaneal apophysitis.
2. What is plantar fasciitis?
It is the most common orthopedic problem seen in both children and adults. It is severe pain at bottom of the heel. The plantar fascia is a thick, mesh-like ligament that supports the arch of the foot and helps in walking. There is a ligament tear if continuous pressure is exerted on the foot and the plantar fascia gets inflamed and further this inflammation leads to heel pain and stiffness.
3. How often should one change the heel cup?
If the person is wearing the heel cup every day then it is recommended that they should change the product every three months. If using it less frequently then they should replace them after six months and for the ones using it for some active lifestyle then they should be replaced very often.
Where to buy it?
Heel Cups are available in Hyderabad at:
TrueCare Surgicals (Store 1)
Address: H.No 1-100, G2, Hitech City main road, Opposite Indian Oil Petrol Pump, Madhapur, Hyderabad, Telangana 500081.
TrueCare Surgicals (Store 2)
Address: Nizampet X road, Near Sri Holistic Hospital, Behind Vasireddy Swagruha Foods, Kukatpally, Hyderabad, Telangana 500072