Metatarsal pads are shoe modification devices that can help relieve pressure from the metatarsal head(ball of the foot).
It is the pain and inflammation of the ball of the foot. The key symptom of metatarsalgia is the pain at the end of one or more of the metatarsal bones.
The pain is typically is more pronounced while walking or running.
The common symptoms seen in this ailment are:
- Sharp, aching or burning pain in the ball of your foot — the part of the sole just behind your toes
Pain that worsens when you stand, run, flex your feet or walk — especially barefoot on a hard surface — and improves when you rest
- Sharp or shooting pain, numbness, or tingling in your toes
- A feeling of having a pebble in your shoe
Being a very important part of the foot any kind of pain should not be ignored. The little part almost helps us in every physical activity. Therefore using a metatarsal pad is always beneficial. It can be used in the case of prevention as well as for treatment.
Benefits of Silicone Metatarsal Pad
- Reduces the pain at the metatarsal bone(ball of the foot).
- Realignment of the metatarsal heads.
- Strengthens the area around and at the ball of the foot.
- It distributes the painful pressure uniformly to the surrounding areas.
Features of a Silicone Metatarsal Pad
- Excellent cushioning properties
- Nonallergic- The materials used to manufacture these pads are non-toxic. Therefore the person wearing it does not have any type of allergies, itching on wearing it.
- Non-Inflammable and odour free
- Easily moldable
- Non-sweaty feet- The material doesn’t give too much of warmth to the feet. The feet are at normal body temperature even after wearing the pads
- These are pads are easy to clean and reusable
- Can fit into any type of shoe formal/informal/sports shoes.