Orthotic arch supports are the insert insoles which correct an abnormal walking pattern by correcting the angles at which the feet strike.
These insoles are manufactured to function as protection for the foot.
Inserting these soles ensures correct maintenance and form of the foot in spite of engaging in any of the activities.
Features of an orthotic arch insole:
- Made of comfortable, foot-friendly material
- These insoles retain their shape for a long time.
- Comes in standard sizes
- The insoles enhance the support of the heel and also disperse weight and stress evenly.
Benefits of an orthotic arch insole:
- Provides relief to strain, tired and aching foot
- Provides perfect support and comfort
- Superior cushioning
- Helps people with a flat foot problem.
- Evenly distributes weight and stress
- Absorb shocks and strikes
- Medial arch raise
- Odour free
- Made with anti-Fungal material
- Will enable moulding or rolling once inserted
- Rigid support to the arch and anatomical fit
They are made from one of the following materials
- Soft-The materials used are silicone, carbon filter, EVA which works as a shock absorber.
There are three main types of Arch support
- Type 1- Pronation(Flat feet)
- Type 2- Neutral
- Type 3- Cavovarus/Supination (High Arch)
Functions of orthotic arch insole:
- It reduces the jerk/pull produced at the bottom of the foot
- Helps during the normal daily activities, preventing over-pronation and supination.
- Arch supports, relieve pressure and reduce pain especially in the case of flat feet.
- Medial and lateral wedging helps to shift weight or change angulation of the lower limbs.
- The heel cups provide comfort to sole and sensitive heels.
- Inculcating all these traits. orthotic arch insoles are boon to the patients with a painful foot.
Directions to use an orthotic arch insole:
It is directed to use these insoles starting with 1 or 2 hours a day. This will make the patient’s feet accustomed to the insoles. They can increase the usage slowly and steadily according to their convenience.
Who needs orthotic insoles?
People suffering from over-pronation, imbalance, flat feet issue and can help reduce or eliminate many common aches and pains.
Can we wear insoles during daily activities?
Yes, it can be used during daily activities.
Which medical conditions are helped by using insoles?
It treats problems like Over-pronation, flat foot, backaches
Why do we need insoles?
These are necessary when the natural biomechanical balance of our lower body has been disrupted by over-pronation.
Where can I get shoes for insoles?
These are put in normal shoes, no special footwear requirement exist for installation of the insole.
If I use insoles will I get dependent on them?
No, once your problem has solved the use of insoles can be stopped.
Does it take time to get used to wearing insoles?
Yes, initially it will take time to get used to it. You can first start with less time frame of usage and then increase it gradually according to your comfort
Can insoles fix flat feet?
Yes, it does fix flat feet.
Can I make adjustments or get them custom made?
Yes, insoles are customizable medical devices.
Can insoles help in diabetic foot treatment?
A diabetic insole with special features for diabetic patients is available.
Can I wash the insoles?
Yes, these can be washed with detergent water and dried thoroughly.