Ryle’s tube/ feeding tube or nasogastric tube. The tube is super smooth with low friction, the frozen surface which facilitates atraumatic intubation. The distal end is coned with radiopaque material for easy intubation. The radiopaque line also runs throughout the length of the tube for instant X-ray visualisation. The dual-port connector can fit both, the irrigation mount or Luer lock of the syringe for multiple uses.
- Helps greatly for efficient aspiration and administration
- Closed distal end coned with radio-opaque which helps in accurate placement of the Ryles tube
- The tube is marked at every cm. from the tip to toe for every 5 cm for accurate placement
- Soft, frosted and kink resistant PVC tubing
- A colour-coded funnel end connector for easy identification of size
- Available with or without Luer connector
The Ryles tube is manufactured from medical grade PVC material.
Affordability: In gastrointestinal diseases, NG tube has been quite useful and its affordability is one of the factors that have encouraged most practitioners to continue to use it.
Availability: It is readily available in most cases. Requires minimal anaesthesia during its insertion.
Easy to pass: Once it has passed the oropharynx, the ease of passage is augmented by patient’s act of swallowing.
Frequently asked questions:
1. Is the Ryles Tube is easy to use?
Yes, it is very easy to use and comfortable.
2. What are the different types of Ryles tubes?
Types of nasogastric tubes include:
- Levin catheter: It comes with one lumen, small-bore NG tube.
- Salem Sump catheter: It has a large bore NG tube with a double lumen.
- Dobhoff tube: It comes with small-bore NG tube with a weight at the end intended to pull it by gravity during insertion.
3. How long should a Ryles tube be used?
One can use it for enteral feeding for up to six weeks or prescribed by the physician.
4. Do one need a prescription to buy this Ryles Tube?
No, but it should be used under the supervision of the practitioner.
5. Can one insert Ryles tube on own?
No, it should be used under the supervision of the doctor
Where to buy it?
Ryles Tubes are available in Hyderabad at:
TrueCare Surgicals (Store 1)
Address: House No: 1-100, G2, Hitech City main road, Opposite to Indian Oil Petrol Pump, Madhapur, Hyderabad, Telangana 500081.
Phone: 070951 25777
TrueCare Surgicals (Store 2)
Address: True care surgical, Behind Vasireddy Swagruha Foods, Near Sri Holistic Hospital, Nizampet X road, Kukatpally, Hyderabad, Telangana 500072
Phone: 040 4007 2221