Cast cover leg is actually a bandage/wound/cast protector which is designed to protect the cast during showers or rain. It is reusable. Unique self-supporting waterproof seal recommended by doctors. Its water sealing design doesn’t allow water inside the cast. This can be done one-handed for easy use.
Benefits of a Cast Cover Leg
- Abrasion-resistant vinyl
- The seal can be fully submersible
- It is comfortable to wear
- Compact, lightweight and portable.
- Super comfortable
- 100% water-tight
Features of a Cast Cover Leg:
- The Rubber Diaphragm that is present on the one end is expandable that can accommodate to any size which creates a water seal around the leg cast.
- The Simple and easy pull-on process of application to the cast leg is user-friendly.
- No extra tapes or straps required to secure the cast cover leg.
- The Rigid ring on the open end holds the diaphragm and offers a self-sealing mechanism to the leg cast.
- It is very easy to maintain and to wear or remove.
- It has an absolutely transparent and flexible body which is soft, flexible, non-porous, light in weight and durable with pleasing aesthetics.
- It comfortably nurses the leg cast.
Make of a Cast cover leg:
It is made up of a biodegradable plastic which is latex free.
How to use a Cast Cover Leg:
To put on:
- Should remove any sharp jewellery like anklets etc and smooth down all the rough edges on your cast in order to protect cast cover leg from damage.
- With the use of your thumb, stretch out the diaphragm to make a room to insert your leg cast into it.
- Now insert your cast into the cast cover leg.
- After completion, push the plastic ring toward the cast so the inner edge of the diaphragm points up that is away from the leg cast.
To take off:
- Stretch out and open the rubber diaphragm by using your thumb to ease over your cast.
- Remove your leg cast out of the cast cover.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How long does the Cast cover leg last?
It is reusable. One can use it as many times they can until and unless it is damaged.
2. What happens if a Leg cast gets wet inside?
If you get a leg cast wet, irritation and infection of the skin could develop which may lead to other complications.
3. How do I stop my leg cast from smelling bad?
Try using Cast cover leg during showers or rainy days.
4. What is a waterproof cast?
Waterproof cast liners that is Cast covers allow you to bathe, shower and even swim while wearing a cast. The liner has billions of tiny pores that stop the passage of water through it but allows water vapour to pass out.
5. What are the different types of casts?
Different types of Casts are:
- Plaster cast
- Synthetic cast
- Cast brace
Where to buy it?
Cast cover legs are available in Hyderabad at:
TrueCare Surgicals (Store 1)
Address: H.No 1-100, G2, Hitech City main road, Opposite Indian Oil Petrol Pump, Madhapur, Hyderabad, Telangana 500081.
Phone No: 070951 25777
TrueCare Surgicals (Store 2)
Address: Nizampet X road, Near Sri Holistic Hospital, Behind Vasireddy Swagruha Foods, Kukatpally, Hyderabad, Telangana 500072
Phone No: 040 4007 2221