Scalp vein sets are small needles helps to access a superficial vein. It helps to access on one’s hands, wrists, or scalp, (hence the name) for venipuncture, or injection into your vein or phlebotomy. They consist of two soft, flexible bilateral “wings”, a hypodermic needle that is designed to create minimal tissue damage, flexible transparent tubing and a connector, which one attaches to another device, like a syringe, vacuum tube or extension tube from an infusion pump or IV drip bag, etc.
Scalp Vein Set with Wings is sterile single-use scalp vein sets. These are moulded from non-toxic medical-grade P.V.C. compound. They come with adaptors which are made of non-toxic, medical-grade polyvinyl chloride and are compatible with any injectable medication and have a 6% taper as per ISO:594. The wings are made of medical-grade flexible P.V.C. These are colour-coded for good identification of the desired gauge.
- Scalp Vein Set with Wings has a short bevelled siliconised needle which facilitates atraumatic cannulation
- This needle comes with thin wall needle for better flow rate per gauge
- The butterfly-shaped wings facilitate easy handling and attachment with the skin
- The butterflies are colour coded for instant identification of needle size
- A proximal end of the set is provided with a flexible female Luer fitting
- The butterfly connected to the soft non-toxic, non-irritant tube which does not kink
- The device is sterile, individually packed in a blister pack
- Scalp vein set is available in the sizes of 18NG, 19NG, 20NG, 21NG, 22NG, 23NG, 24NG, 25NG
- Scalp Veins sets come generally in 100 pieces box
- These are available in sizes ranging from 18 Gauge to 24 Gauge
- Length of the needle is 0.75 inch and the tube length is 190 mm
- The set is meant for short term drug delivery and blood perfusion
Types of Scalp Vein sets:
Single Wing Luer Lock: This kind of scalp vein set only comes with a single “wing” tab. The needle is attached to the tube with a Luer Lock, meaning it is screwed tightly into place using a leak-free system.
Single Wing Luer Slip: This kind of scalp vein set only comes with a single “wing” tab. The needle is attached to the tube using the Luer Slip mechanism, meaning it is slipped tightly onto place using a leak-free system.
Butterfly Wing Luer Lock: This kind of scalp vein set only comes with a double “winged” tab. The needle is attached to the tube with a Luer Lock, meaning it is screwed tightly into place using a leak-free system.
Butterfly Wing Luer Slip: This kind of scalp vein set only comes with a double “winged” tab. The needle is attached to the tube using the Luer Slip mechanism, meaning it is slipped tightly onto place using a leak-free system.
Frequently asked questions:
1. Is the scalp vein set is easy to use?
Yes, it is very easy to use and comfortable.
2. Can I reuse my scalp vein set?
No. Like all medical products that come with needles, scalp vein sets are designed exclusively for single use.
3. What is the best place to inject oneself with my scalp vein set?
Generally, hands, wrists and the scalp are the best options
4. Do one need a prescription to buy this scalp vein set?
No, but it should be used under the supervision of the practitioner.
5. Can one use scalp vein set on own?
No, it should be used under the supervision of the doctor
Where to buy it?
Scalp Vein sets are available in Hyderabad at:
TrueCare Surgicals (Store 1)
Address: House No: 1-100, G2, Hitech City main road, Opposite to Indian Oil Petrol Pump, Madhapur, Hyderabad, Telangana 500081.
Phone: 070951 25777
TrueCare Surgicals (Store 2)
Address: True care surgical, Behind Vasireddy Swagruha Foods, Near Sri Holistic Hospital, Nizampet X road, Kukatpally, Hyderabad, Telangana 500072
Phone: 040 4007 2221
TrueCare Surgicals (Store 3)
Address: Near Nallagandla Bata Showroom, Beside Prestige Showroom, Opp side of Ratnadeep Supermarket, Nallagandla, Seri lingampally, Hyderabad.
Phone: 83090 78115
There are no reviews yet.