Foot drop splint is an orthotic aid or support that helps in holding the foot in a normal position. It is normally used to keep the ankle at 90 degrees and prevents the foot from dropping on the ground. By wearing this splint the patient can walk more easily and freely.
These splints or braces are commonly known as Ankle Foot Orthoses (AFOs). It helps the patient to maintain their balance and walk without falling. This splint has to be worn along with socks and supportive shoes.
The foot drop splint should be removed after every two to four hours and should be checked for any redness or discolouration of the skin. The leg and foot should be washed thoroughly whenever the splint is removed.
1. Attractive and comfortable
2. Anatomically shaped
4. Helps is normal ankle or foot action
5. Can be worn with or without shoes
6. Can be worn during shower or swimming
7. Helps the patient
8. Helps in maintaining the balance while walking.
1. The splint is made up of polypropylene.
2. The top padding is made up of closed cell PE foam and is durable.
3. It is hypoallergenic and latex free.
4. Non-toxic and odourless.
5. It also has a 3D air-filled cushion pad that provides the necessary comfort and air ventilation.
6. The hook and loop closure near the calf padding provides more support and comfort.
7. This design is fit for any shoe size.
8. Available in all sizes Small, Medium, and Large, Extra-large.
1. As rehabilitation aid.
2. Guillain Barre syndrome
3. Cerebral Palsy
4. Multiple sclerosis
7. Charcot-Marie-Tooth (CMT)
8. In an accident
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Drop foot a permanent condition?
Not really, foot drop can be temporary or permanent. It depends on the degree of muscle weakness or paralysis. It can happen either to one foot or both feet.
2. What are the causes of a sudden foot drop?
Sudden foot drop occurs due to compression of the common peroneal nerve and is the common cause for foot drop. Other causes may include damage to the peripheral nerve, peripheral polyneuropathy, etc.
3. Can a stroke cause foot drop?
Yes, it is common after a stroke. It is the weakness or paralysis that restricts one’s ability to raise the front part of the foot.
4. Can foot drop be repaired?
Yes, foot drop can be repaired. Generally, surgery is recommended and the condition is tried to be repaired by decompressing the damaged nerve.
Where to buy it?
Foot drop splints are available in Hyderabad at:
TrueCare Surgicals (Store 1)
Address: H.No 1-100, G2, Hitech City main road, Opposite Indian Oil Petrol Pump, Madhapur, Hyderabad, Telangana 500081.
TrueCare Surgicals (Store 2)
Address: Nizampet X road, Near Sri Holistic Hospital, Behind Vasireddy Swagruha Foods, Kukatpally, Hyderabad, Telangana 500072