Casting tape is an adhesive or resin-impregnated mesh or supportive structure which is used for shaping lightweight casts after fractures. It is a simple tape-like structure which is available in different colors.
Features of a Casting tape:
- Lightweight in weight
The amount of rigidity is determined by the number of layers used (The more layers used, the more rigid the cast).
Uses of a Casting tape:
– Cast Tape is mainly used for rigidity and can also be used to stabilize, provide functional support or completely immobilize the injury of the joint.
– It is also used for compressing technique which is a major stage for pain relieving.
– Casting tape can be used in the combination with rigid fiberglass splints, as soft edges to provide additional comfort to the patient.
– Sometimes casting tape is used for first aid purpose
Make of a Casting tape:
Casting tape is made up of a lubricating agent called resin which helps in the adhesion to the cast of an injured joint.
Benefits of the Casting tape:
– The water-activated resin in the casting tape lets you control working time according to application needs.
– It replaces the costly replacement procedures of the joint damage.
– It helps during compression and helps in lymphatic drainage
– Lightweight for easy mobility.
– The soft edges of the casting tape can improve patient comfort
– It has a nature of stretches that Stretches according to the comfortability.
– Porous weave allows the skin to breathe.
Casting tape is generally used:
The Casting tape can also be used during the following conditions:
– thumb, wrist and ankle sprains
– serial casting for club foot treatment
– secondary casting, hybrid casting, corsets
– removable splints
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Is the Casting tape durable?
Yes, it can withstand the wear, pressure, or hard-wearing. It can be used multiple times.
2. Is the Casting tape easy to use?
Yes, it can be used by normal people. Practice should be done to maintain perfection like a therapist.
3. What are the dimensions of the Casting tape?
This casting tape is available in different dimensions as the size differs according to the fracture or use of the joint.
4. Can one wear casting tape to bed?
Yes, it should be used as long as the cast resides.
5. Can Casting tape is used to relieve pain?
Yes, in some cases some therapists suggest having a casting tape to reduce the mobility of the joints.
Where to buy it?
The Casting tapes are available in Hyderabad at:
TrueCare Surgicals (Store 1)
Address: H.No 1-100, G2, Hitech City main road, Opposite Indian Oil Petrol Pump, Madhapur, Hyderabad, Telangana 500081.
Phone: 070951 25777
TrueCare Surgicals (Store 2)
Address: Nizampet X road, Near Sri Holistic Hospital, Behind Vasireddy Swagruha Foods, Kukatpally, Hyderabad, Telangana 500072
Phone: 040 4007 2221