What is a Vaporizer?
A vaporizer helps in emptying the clogged airways. The inhalation of the vapors saturated with the medication is very effective in their action. Steam effectively goes inside the mouth and the nose. It helps to clear the respiratory airways, as the heat and the humidity liquify mucus and phlegm. It relieves the symptoms of a cough, colds, and sinusitis.
Inhalation is defined as taking the air directly into the lungs through your breath. A vaporizer helps in conveying the vapors full of medication to the lungs by just breathing those vapors.
A vaporizer is a source of moist inhalation. The moist heat in the vapors helps in loosening the lung congestion and to liquefy the secretions(mucus).
Benefits of using a Vaporizer:
- Quick relief from common cold cough & throat irritation.
- Reduce the inflammation of mucous membrane in a cough and cold
- Treating bronchitis and whooping cough due to the moistening of the airways
- Inhaling the vapors with medication provides antiseptic action and prevents respiratory tract infection
- Soften the secretions from the nose so that it comes outs easily(relieve the blockage)
- Used by patients who have undergone tracheostomy(surgical procedure done for airway obstruction) for warmth from the vapors
How to use a Vaporizer?
- Fill the container with water at maximum level.
- Medication if in oil form can be added to the water. If it is a gel or ointment it can be applied to the edge of the machine or to the nose.
- The moist vapor would liquefy the ointment.
- Place a towel/cloth over your head for concentrating the vapor in that area for best results.
- Switch on the vaporizer.
- It will take at least 3-5 mins for generation of the steams.
Features of a Vaporizer:
- Easy for Home use
- Constant vapor at a correct temperature
- Comfortable to use
- The plastic use is nonreactive toward any medication
- Smooth edges of nose & mouth attachment for general steam inhalation.
- Working voltage of the item is 120 Volts